Purpose: Debt Recovery
Task: Marketing Management and Realisation
Sector: Historic and Classic Automobiles
Location: UK South East
Acting directly on behalf of the charge holder in possession, we were instructed to assist in the marketing and sale of arguably, the most infamous of all the vintage racing Bentleys. Having been the subject of a much publicised court case, the car’s reputation was somewhat sullied although its provenance had been categorically affirmed.
Working closely with our client, a long term strategy was developed to carefully promote “Old No.1”, which still is the only car to have won Le Mans twice, to a discerning and highly knowledgeable market. This included returning the car to, British Racing Green, supervising mechanical overhaul, its participation in various Bentley cavalcades and the exposure of the car to audiences at Brooklands, Le Mans and Moscow. This ultimately led to a successful conclusion and its sale to a collector in the USA.
We are rightly proud of our reputation in the field of high performance, prestige and racing motor cars, and have been involved in many valuable and interesting cases in this field, including:
- MG Rover Sports & Racing Ltd.
- TWR – Historic Race Car Collection and Ephemera
- Simtek Grand Prix Ltd. – F1 Race Team.
- Scharrighuisen Collection of Historic Bentleys.
- The Aston Martin V8 Commemorative Collection of nine Cars,
- Bristol Cars Ltd. – Luxury Hand Built Car manufacturer
- Numerous exotic and sports cars by Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, etc.